Saturday, September 20, 2008

Skyler rolls into town

After arm wrestling his supervisor for time off, Skyler finally was able to get a week off to come see us. I really wanted him to have a whole week so that he would have time to get over the long drive, and not have to do it again two days later like poor Levi did. Sky's been here since Tuesday night, and the schedule has been FULL. He left straight after, with plans to meet us at the hall. I knew it would be close to 9 before he arrived, but every set of footsteps before that, I had to keep from whipping my head around to see if it was him.

Dakota showed no such restraint. The slightest shuffle of feet and his head swung wildly one direction, and then another. To make matters worse, we were sitting in the front of the hall, so everyone was able to witness Dakota's newfound A.D.D.

Meeting ended a few minutes early, and Dakota raced outide to call Sky. When he returned, his beaming face told me Sky was right behind him and I was right. I got teary eyed and nearly knocked over the elderly in my hurry to reach him. Of course, I had been yapping about is visit for a few weeks so nearly everyone already knew who he was. He shook hand after hand and even got a few hugs.

2 comments:

Cheyla said...

THATS IT!!!!!! WHYYYYYYY!! You have to post more!!!

Anonymous said...

next, you need to post about the Bro-Mance.