Monday, July 28, 2008

Done with the drive!

Hugh and I made the drive back to Woodinville again yesterday, and we drove back to Tonasket today. We took the North Cascades Highway home, which is BEAUTIFUL, but I am soooo burned out on the drive that it was hard to appreciate it.
We were reading the new John Grisham paperpack, Playing For Pizza . Its about a 3rd string quarterback for the NFL who ends up playing for a season with and Italian team playing American Football. John Grishams writing is, as always, exceptional. The story was not as captivating to me as his other tales. I enjoyed his previous forays into different genres than the one he is famous for (like Painted House and Innocent Man)but this one I did not find quite as captivating. However, it did make my mouth water the way Andrew Zimmern usually does as he detailed the the 4 hour meal at an Italian trattoria.

No comments: