Friday, December 26, 2008

Still no cabin fever!

I've been having so much fun here, I barely noticed that the winter soltice passed and the days are now getting LONGER! Yay. On the coast, I think I had to X off the days on the calendar for about 6 weeks because it was so gray and dreary for that time, and for the weeks just after it.
Here, the sky is so....BIG. I mean, we are surrounded with hills, but there is a huge expanse of sky to see all the time if you look up or down the valley. I've been kinda dreading the cooped up feeling we'd have in this tiny house, but it's not been bad at all. Of course, the good friends with regular invites to get out for a few hours doesn't hurt!
We spent yesterday playing a new (to us) card game with G&R. Hugh kicked all our heinies, but I look forward to the rematch.
Hugh finished a NEW website he built for a client, which is super cool, because thaks to that and a small side job he did with a friend, we actually have the funds for a few luxuries. Like laundry soap and toilet paper. :-) I might be tired of being poor, I'll have to let you know later.

No comments: