Monday, August 25, 2008

More like home than home ever was....

I am really happy and content here. This was such a great thing for the kids, and all of us really. We do so much together, and I feel very comfortable in the congregation. I can't put my finger on one thing that cements it, so I guess it's the whole package. I definitely feel like I have known people longer than just a couple months. It's odd sometimes not to have a history here, like when references are made to things that happened months or years ago, and I have no idea what they are referring to. We aren't wasting any time making new memories, though! We've been swimming and socializing more than the last several years combined. I feel like we are making frineds that we will have for a lifetime, and the "loss" of the family over on the other side is not felt to the degree I thought it would.


I do miss Skyler and Levi a lot. I am proud of both of them when I hear about things they are doing, but I miss them a lot. Sometimes when I am having fun here, I feel a little pang of the blues wishing they were here to join in.


On a humorous note.....I was telling one of my new buddies here that I lost my beer snobbiness. She nodded enthusiastically and said, "Yeah, Busch is just a good as Bud, huh?"


No comments: