Saturday, August 16, 2008

Playing Hookey and Sleeping in the Bus

As you can see by the local harware store's sign, it's pretty warm this weekend. The general consensus from the locals that this thermometer runs about 5 degrees higher than reality, but it makes us Tonasketites feel tough. I went in field service yesterday for several hours and was able to sit in on two bible studies, which was very encouraging. I love the service here because the incredible views are a reminder as to what our message is in the first place.

I returned later than expected, and the kids were dying because I had promised them a day at Lake Osoyoos. We finally made it about 4 pm and stayed till 8. I have never had a summer where I could spend so much time playing with the kids!

Hugh stayed home, and called because he had been picking tomatoes, and we are finally producing more than we can eat in a day! This is whats lefiotvoer this morning after we all feasted last night. The little grape and cherry tomatoes are sooo sweet and tangy, I love them. Tomorrow, I plan on making a pico di gayo with some of these babies!

Lastly, on the list of "things I never thought I'd love with"....Hugh and I have moved into the bus that was converted to a camper that was here on the property. I still need to attack it with some spray paint. I have to say, I actually really love it. It gives us a place to have a private conversation, and Hugh built the bed frame up so that we can gaze out the windows at the peach orchard next door. At night the moon shines in, and in the morning the sun wakes us up. As son as we finish the cosmetics, I will post a pic of the new "master suite".

The only tough part is the early morning trek to the house for the bathroom. I usually lie as still as possible, wondering if I can go back to sleep without relieving my bladder. I hope we have our bathhouse built by winter so I won't have as far to go.



No comments: