Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Skating Rinks

The temp here still hasn't come up above freezing since mid-December but it really hasn't snowed much since the end of the year. This has left us with a frozen crust of snow on everything. Most of the roads are clear and dry, but the ones that aren't- the roads less traveled- are covered with a bumpy hard ice sheet that is very hard to navigate on foot. It was cold today, and windy. Please don't think this is a complaint. The winter is BEAUTIFUL. I do long for a fresh coat of snow to clean everything up, but I am the minority in that regard.
On the diet front, I am still clean of all my prior addictions. I still miss all of em too, and I am frustrated that the scale shows nothing yet. Yes, I know that scale weight is not the only measure, but there are moments that I think I could be eating and drinking and eating what I want and maintaining...so why all the hard work. Then I have moments like this morning when I was in the back seat of a car and was forced to see my chin and neck in the rear view mirror for an extended time. That was lovely. No eyes or hair to distract from the neck and chin that I definitely did not want to claim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have moments identical to yours as well! They'll be small beans when we atart to see the difference in the way our clothes fit, though! anyways, i love your comment *cyber hi-5* lol.... and by the way, my e-mail is feistymuzikluvr_haha@yahoo.com

thanx!! With support, i KNOW we can do this!