Sunday, January 25, 2009

Something I have been putting off

I keep talking and talking about it, but it's time for me to get serious about getting healthy. Todays WT really made me think about the fact that it's hard to serve with my whole strength if part of my "whole strength" is just taking care of the body I have neglected. So here is me, putting it out there...I took measurements in several places and I still have a grand total of 80 inches I need to lose. My goal is to have that completed by the end of August. I'd rather not share how many pounds that translates into, but I will down the road. How am I going to do it? One word. DETOX. I am cutting caffiene, alcohol, dairy, gluten, artifical sweeteners, and as many cooked food as I can. It's going to be a drastic diet because I need drastic and I am tired of feeling yucky so often.

Hold me accountable. I will post inches lost every two weeks!

3 comments:

sande said...

Great goals, Kailee. I'm with you on that. But...don't make yourself sick or take off pounds in an unhealthy way. Raw food diet is great but make sure you don't starve your body into .... umm is it called ketosis? you know what I mean. I know you can do it. the thyroid thing can make it harder, but I'm working on the same type of goal. We're starting So Beach again, and I'm having a hard time with my carb addiction. ugh... I miss whole grains on phase one. I just do. Good Luck!

Kailee Rainey said...

Hey Vivian,

I am missing diet soda, or actually anything with aspartame in it. I have been craving it for two days! I actually am doing mostly raw, but the thing I am being strictest about is no processed foods. That means I gave up my morning energy drink, and I have been on those for um...16 years! Good luck on So beach!

Luisa said...

Okay, I'm late to read this post, but I'll be following your progress. I, too, am continuing to avoid gluten. I'm telling you, it makes me...how shall I put this...gassy. (Tim appreciates it when I avoid gluten. He told me one day, "You aren't as gassy now that you avoid gluten." Hmmmmmm.) It's hard, though. It's in so many things.

I also avoid caffeine and artificial sweeteners.