Monday, February 2, 2009

All for the Love of Good Parking

Sometimes the smallest things bring joy, you know what I mean? I still smile with delight when I can ALWAYS pull right up in front of the store I need to go into, and park. It feels like cheating! Downtown Tonasket has like 4 blocks to it. The block where I need to be most often is faced with the pharmacy, the sporting goods store, the hardware store, a pet store, a real estate office, a radio shack, an auto parts store and a grocery store. Plus a tavern, of course. Except for Labor Day weekend and opening weekend for hunting, I can always just park AT the front door of my destination. You would think I would get used to the convenience, but it's still a high point of every trip to town.

A far cry from the old days of being happy just to find a spot at all!

On the diet front, all is still well. A whole week+ with no caffiene, no artifical sweetner and all that! Today I made fresh bread and I had a slice when it was done. What a mistake, I must have a major gluten allergy. I immediately got severe heartburn. All week, I have not had to take one antacid (I was probably popping about 50 a day prior to the diet) and I had to run for the tums. I have quite a few supplements still from my old days of trying every possible diet, so I have been able to take vitamins and keep close track of my nutrition. I would say mornings are probably the hardest for actual hunger, and evening are the worst for cravings. I miss WINE!!!! The scale has not moved a lot, but I have a feeling it's going to start dropping fast.

I got to talk to Levi today, which is always a treat. He sounds like he is doing really well, and I am always happy to hear he is associating with folks from the congregation. Sky is headed back over the end of Feb for a visit. It will be interesting to see how he feels about it once he has gone back.

Tomorrow is the LONG school day. I will try to post.

1 comment:

Luisa said...

The joys of living in a small town -- you don't have to fight traffic and you can always get good parking.

By the way, my computer is fixed -- now I'm trying to get caught up on reading everyone's blogs! :-)