Thursday, February 19, 2009

Miles and Miles of Small Brown Piles

***WARNING*** Do not read this while eating. Just in case the title didn't clue you in.

Ahh, the beautiful snow. It's pristine whiteness has covered the valley floor since the beginning of December. We haven't seen the ground, save a few patches that were purposely scraped bare, for months. Lately on the trek to the car or the bus I have noticed a large number of...umm...doo-doo piles appearing. Many more than I normally have to watch for. It's like dog-doo to the tenth power. Yuck. I never even considered the fact that for all these weeks as the dogs faithfully trotted out to do their business, the icy cold ground was preserving their offerings. It gives a whole new meaning to the term "spring thaw". I wondered why everyone scrunched up their nose when they said it.
Today was probably the hardest day to stick to my raw food plan. I made steak and baked potatoes for the family. It smelled so good when I was cooking it. I didn't even have a taste! Instead I had a bowl of cucumber, tomato, cilantro, celery and lemon juice. Almost like a gazpacho. I have also had some raw almonds, a tangelo, a good apple and a BAAAD apple (I kept hoping it would improve), and the rest of my yummy banana leather. I have now surpassed the 2 year low. think it's been easier to stick to after having given up all the stuff I had already cut out. I have been drinking at least a gallon of water every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Kai!

Luisa said...

Hey, Kai! Just checking in. How are you guys doing? Say to everyone for me.