Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feeling like a housewife

Not a bad thing at all. Hugh took a temporary job in in Oroville, thanks to Rob K. It seems you have to know someone to get a job here, resumes and credentials seem secondary to the word of a friend. I can see whay that would be a good thing, and we feel very blessed to know a few folks who are comfortable vouching for us. Hugh is working on a condo project on Lake Osoyoos. After many years out of construction, he has been coming home sore and tired, but very thankful to be working. Anyway, I have had him here at the house for so long thats it's quite odd to be home while he is working. This is only the third day, but I will be in service all day, so I find myself prepping for dinner so that he will come home to hot food. I always do the cooking anyway, but normally on my long service days I take care of it when I get home. For some reason, I feel more compelled to be efficient with him working.
My meals are much easier to prepare. All I have to do is peel and eat (I have had a lot of citrus this week). I have lost more on a few days of 100% raw than I did the previous 3 weeks at 80% raw with calorie restriction. Interesting. I did make some tasty banana leather, some savory flax and garlic crackers (both in the dehydrator) and a failed attempt at raw potato chips. They came out gray and nasty, and not quite crispy.
I viewed a website yesterday with a 65 year old woman who has been eating raw for 40 years. She looks about 30.
I am a couple pounds away from a 2 year low, and 20 lbs away from a 5 year low.

2 comments:

Luisa said...

Holy cow, that 65 year old woman looks amazing!

Congrats on the weight loss -- I am so happy for you.

Maybe do a blog entry about the equipment that you use to eat raw (you mentioned the dehydrator).

Anonymous said...

wow Kai! that's sooo exciting!